Monday, August 27, 2007

The Grand Finale of Level 1

So, for our final cake of Level 1 Wilton Cake Decorating, we had to FINALLY finish the famous Wilton Rose. This rose has been taunting me for weeks and actually had me a little worried. I've wanted so badly to do well at this, that I thought that this would be my failure. This class was a lot of fun and after finally finishing a rose, I felt a great feeling of accomplishment :-) I LOVE the way this cake turned out! My teacher even told me I should consider being an instructor after finishing all of the levels!!

A few people have asked me what I do with all of these cakes after I decorate them. Most of them get taken to work and one of them has stayed at home for Blake. After playing with buttercream icing for hours on end, I have no desire to eat any of these cakes. Now, if only I could apply this principle to chocolate, pasta, etc...

On to the pics!


This was the first time I've iced a cake with ABSOLUTELY NO CRUMBS in the icing!!



5 comments:

Michelle said...

Awesome job! I am thinking of taking one of these classes.

Deby said...

Awesome job. Now I'm going to be so intimidated to make mine after seeing yours that mine will surely be considered a failure ;-).

Deborah said...

Aw, it's so pretty - the roses are beautiful! :)

Brooke said...

I'm tagging you ;) See my blog!

Blake said...

I am so impressed! I love baking but my cakes never look that good!